A beacon in provision, dissemination and preservation of knowledge.
To provide quality information services that empower the university to carry out its core activities of teaching, learning, research and community outreach.
- Stock the Library with at least 1500 volumes of relevant books annually.
- Enhance access to e-resources by renewing subscriptions annually.
- Enhance utilization of e-resources by conducting at least two Information Literacy training annually.
- Conduct two user Library surveys to assess Library outcome annually.
- Support University research visibility and updating Institutional Repository and registering academic staff on google scholar annually.
JOOUST library was inherited from Bondo Teachers Training College Library as a constituent college of Maseno University then on 11th May 2009. It was functional in that capacity until 13th February, 2013 when the University College was chartered and became a fully-fledged University. This changed the status of the library from a University College Library to a University Library. Meanwhile, the library operates on a Management Information System (KOHA) and has information resources in different formats e.g., print and electronic.